People in every field need someone who can write programs and deploy technology for them. Combining a minor in Computer Science with any other field is a great way to distinguish yourself and open new doors.
The minor requires only five courses (20 credits):
- CSC110/106 Computer Science I 4 credits
- CSC111 Computer Science II 4 credits
- CSC211 Design Patterns 4 credits
- CMPE 220 Computer Organization or CSC 371 Database Management Systems 4 crs.
- Computer Science Elective (any 300 or 400 level CSC, SWE, or CMPE course)
For students interested in combining the minor with a Math degree, the Department of Mathematics has a check sheet that shows how courses are counted in that combination.